How I met my husband

As I start this blog tonight I know that I will not finish it tonight. There is so much to cover here but I will attempt to make a dent.

So I met my husband in Madrid, Spain in the summer of 2006. I had been there for the third time since the summer of 2005. I had been on a study abroad program a year earlier and had met and fell in love with a Moroccan/"non practicing Muslim" man (those were his words.) After the program had ended I stayed on and moved in with him. We spent the rest of the summer getting to know each other better and even spent a week at my families condominium in Marbella which is in Anda Lucia, the south of Spain. When summer came to an end we made a commitment to each other and planned to see each other again when I had my next break from school.

I returned to school and we kept it going. Do not get me wrong, it was tough and there was little communication at times but we kept it going. I guess each of us assumed the other was still in it. I kept the faith even though it was tough to go weeks even months without talking. As the holidays neared we made plans to see each other again. He purchased my ticket and flew me to Madrid for New Years. I was sooooo excited I could hardly wait to see him. I was nervous because I had put on a few pounds being winter and all but I sucked it up and flew with my heart pounding every mile we got closer to Spain.

Abdel, that was his name was a little late picking me up from the airport and I was seriously nervous. I turned around and saw him walking toward me and I rushed over to him and jumped to give him a huge hug because he is very tall. All the feelings I had been suppressing since our last goodbye came rushing over me and then I felt calm and relaxed.

To Be Continued.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even the nights awake

Examples of my work: Blue Star Contemporary Art Press Releases 2007 (in raw form & w/o logos)

Life is TOO short to work at a call center